Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Summer of Socks

So here are my green socks. I like 'em. 60 stitches around, though, a little small. So I had to make them shorter than I would have hoped because I couldn't pull them up any higher. Sad!


Pattern: Rib & Cable Socks - Nancy Bush. Well I didn't exactly use the pattern, I just copied off a picture.

Needle: US size 2

Yarn: Wildfoote Luxury Sock Yarn, Deco Lime; 75% washable wool, 25% nylon


Yay! These were another pretty quick knit. About a week. Oh, and I did the toe like this, and it looked better than the yarn over method.


This is really fun, knitting so many socks. I am trying to get this whole sock thing down. I think I'm getting there. I'm working on this pair of socks now, the pattern is called Berlin Muster. I linked to it at the bottom of my last post. It is such a pretty pattern. And so frustrating. At least it was at first. I've kind of gotten into a groove now, and it does take me forever but it's going faster now.

Look! I finished the first one :) This might be a cheesy shot, but I looove the yarn.

Summer's fun. My knitting companion has been my laptop these days. I'm catching up on all the old Gossip Girl episodes that I never saw. They are SO GOOD. I think I have fun watching them because they are so opposite of my life. Here I sit, staying in and knitting socks, and admiring the glamorous, drama-filled life of rich beautiful kids in New York City.

Yay, I really like how these socks are coming along. Except this one is a little tight. I should have done another row or two before starting the toe. But it's good enough. It was kind of weird, because with the lace pattern the number of stitches change every row, and the row I ended on was the closest number of stitches to the number of stitches used for the toe part. This is getting too confusing. Maybe I'll think up a creative solution next sock around.

Time for another episode of GG. Signing off.

You know you love me. XOXO.

3 comments:

cottoncandy404 said...

OMG, another pair of socks!!! i'm so jealous that u have been knitting so much. i'm starting to get so sick of working on my blanket.

chris said...

you are too cool, teresa

Anonymous said...

the green socks are awesome. awesome. when we get back to school, maybe you could show me a stitch or two.

jonah