Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hemlock Ring Blanket

Mystery knit revealed: A wedding gift for my sister and her husband!



I spent all summer knitting it, and I'm very pleased with how it turned out. It does still ripple a little, but from what I can tell, most people's Hemlock Ring Blankets do.

No real adjustments, except I made the flower a couple rows bigger.



Overall, I loved the pattern. It was difficult and challenging and required a lot of concentration in the beginning flower part, but once you get the pattern down, it's fine. Though, I still messed up and had to do some parts over! Luckily, I got it figured out.



The yarn I used was Cascade Ecological Wool, as the pattern was written for. I was hoping to knit it in something softer, but this was really the best option I found when I went into the yarn store. It wasn't my favorite, but it certainly seems durable, and it did soften up some after washing it. But the funniest part was that when I did this pattern, I did the full extension by the Rainey Sisters, and when I was halfway around the bind-off I RAN OUT OF YARN! Keep in mind that Ecological Wool only comes in 450-yd skeins, so I was freaking out a little. But luckily I found a friendly ravelrer who sent me extra yarn she had :) Phew!



So, yay! Finished (and finally blogged)! And, more importantly, happily married!! :) :)

1 comment:

saem08 said...

so beautiful!!!!!!!!!