Friday, January 16, 2009

Appropriately Timed

Just finished my first sweater ever!! And I wore it today and it kept me warm in weather that feels like it is -30 degrees out. YIKES. WHY DID I COME SO FAR NORTH FOR SCHOOL???? I don't understand. At least my knitting gets put to use.























But yeah. It's a sweater. I'm so proud and excited! And I finished it in just under 3 weeks! Not bad, huh?

Again, here is the pattern: The Laura Sweater
Yarn: 2 skeins of "I Love This Yarn" ($2.79 a skein. SCORE!) from Hobby Lobby
Needles: US size 8

I have a few notes on my ravelry about this pattern because I was trying to adjust it to my size/gauge and I didn't do a swatch because I never do swatches because... I'm lazy. It's a little tight in the shoulders and the collar tends to puff out at the bottom but some people have said they liked the look of it? Dunno. Whatever, IT IS A SWEATER AND I MADE IT. And that's cool. I want to do a winter photo shoot wearing it outside when it warms up a tad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the sweater, Teresa! Amazing that you made this!

Unknown said...

No joke, it's amazing. Also you're rockin the model bod in the pictures - model and artist, what now? What can't you do, kid?