Saturday, January 31, 2009

Quickest Project Ever

I made this cowl in less than 24 hours. I even blocked it because it went so fast. That's a big deal. I've never blocked anything before. It helps that school hasn't really picked up yet, but it was just a really quick and fun and pretty knit. I had been wanting to try this pattern for a while now, and it was a nice break from my clapotis for my mom, that is still taking me forever. I'm actually getting close to finishing the clapotis though, but I ran out of yarn (as expected), so I'm getting some more today.

Anyway, back to the cowl. Pretty pattern, especially with this yarn. It is very similar to the pattern for Beth's hat, and the yarn is almost the same, too, just slightly lighter than the purple in her hat. I like it, but it has a bad habit of slouching. I even made it on smaller needles than the pattern called for, but it won't really stand up straight. Can't figure it out. And I couldn't have made it even smaller because then I'm pretty sure I couldn't get it over my head.
Well, enough of the goofy pictures, I was just having fun with the color accent on my camera, but the true color is in the photo below.

Also, the details.
Pattern: Crofter's Cowl (available on Ravelry)
Needles: US Size 7
Yarn: Malabrigo worsted merino, about half a skein.

That's it. More yarn today, hopefully I'll finish this forever-scarf by next weekend.

XOXO.

3 comments:

cottoncandy404 said...

OMG it's so pretty! now i really want to make one! but first i have to finish up some other projects and make my sister a hat ::sigh:: i never seem to make anything for myself.

Teresa said...

thanks, mariel!! and i have a super long list of to-knits too, but this is such a quick one that it's easy to justify knitting it... it's a perfect break and a great reward for yourself for knitting all that stuff for other people ;)

Unknown said...

Beautiful. The hat you made me is traveling the world, with picture documentation. Yesterday it went to Bray and enjoyed the seaside.