Saturday, February 21, 2009

Forever-Scarf is FINSHED!

And isn't it pretty on her? :) It did take me forever, but I do think the finished product looks really nice. Especially after I blocked it. I didn't realize what wonders blocking does for such little trouble! I was dreading blocking, but it was so not bad. I just soaked it for like five minutes, till the yarn was saturated, pulled it out and laid it out on a towel. Then I put another towel on top of it and walked on it so that it'd dry more. Then pinned it out, and let it dry overnight. And then it was good to go in the morning! Amazing! So easy! And it really retained its shape. I will never question the greatness of blocking again.

The details... (also on my Ravelry)
Pattern: Clapotis
Needles: US 6
Yarn: 3 skeins of Blue Sky Alpaca & Silk
Modifications: I did 4 repeats of the increases instead of 6 repeats. Then I did 2 extra repeats of the straight rows.

That's it for the Clapotis! Finished finally. Then I went about a week and a half without knitting anything (It was rough.. my needles were starving!!), but I got more yarn yesterday, to start on the adorable Mrs. Darcy Cardigan. I cast on last night, and worked on it all day today. Made quite a bit of progress!

Exhibit A (morning):

Exhibit B (evening):

Aaaand, I got some yarn for a hat for my sister's fiance.

Well, is that enough pictures for one post? If you can't tell, I'm happy to be knitting again. I also bought some sleek new needles that I'm making this cardigan on. They're so slick and fast. Love 'em. Worth the $15.95 I guess.. eek! But they are great.

The end.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok so whatever happened to the cardigan? IS IT FINISHED? I AM IN SUSPENSE. blogspot is not letting me update my blog right now. bahhhhh