Sunday, April 12, 2009

Mrs. Darcy Cardigan


Finished!!!!!
Pattern: Mrs. Darcy Cardigan
Needles: US 9, Addi Turbo -- THE BEST EVER. I'm addicted to these needles.
Yarn: Just barely over 3 skeins Peace Fleece Worsted, color: Shaba Green, from the Red Purl, of course :) The yarn is a little itchy, but if I'm wearing it over a long sleeve shirt, it doesn't bother me usually. I just need to wash it with some lanolin, I think.


Modifications: I made the bottom part under the twisted rib a little bit longer, but it still feels a little short. Next time I make it I will probably do it longer and maybe start with fewer stitches and increase for a more fitted sweater. I also had read that the shoulders tended to be a little small, so I made the sleeve cap a couple rows longer than the pattern called for, but I realized afterward that the problem is that they would fit better if there were one more increase before starting the sleeve cap. But my shoulders end up fitting fine. I also did the decreases on the neckline more spaced out to make it a narrower neckline, and I like how it turned out. I wrote out all the exact stitches for my mods so maybe I will post those on my Ravelry in a few days.


Aren't the buttons cute?

I blocked all the pieces, and then seamed them all together, which was much less painful than I was anticipating. Though I just kind of made up what I was doing at the shoulders. Meh. It works I guess.

The whole thing took me about 8 weeks but it really should have just taken me like 4 or 5. Oh well. I ran out of yarn twice and then had to bum a ride off a gracious friend (Thanks again!) to the yarn store when my car was broken.

But it's done. Yay. Also, Trevor's hat is like SO CLOSE. Next week. Like Tuesday. I promise.

No comments: